We would like to thank our coaches for their countless hours of volunteer work and for all that they have done to make Murray Silver Blades FSC a huge success.
Our Super MSBFSC Coaches
United States National Junior Ladies Medalist
Senior National Competitor
Represented Team USA Internationally
BA in Marketing from the University of Utah
Professional Skating Career Performing as Principle Skater for various production pompanies around the world.
- Coaching since 1991 (27 years experience), All ages and levels
- Specialize in Moves in the Field, Freeskating, Power, and technical skating skills
- National Synchronized Skating competitor at Novice and Junior level 1984-1987
- USFAS Gold Medalist in Moves in the Field and Ice Dance
- Choreographer for the Four Nations Cup Hockey Tournament in 2001
- Choreographer for the Grand Opening Ceremonies of the Peaks Ice Arena and the Utah Olympic Oval
- Team coordinator for Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games
- Master's Degree in Education/
- Professional Skaters Association Master Rated Group Instructor and Program Director
- Professional Skaters Association Certified Rating in Moves in the Field, Registered Rating in Freestyle
- Member of the USFS Learn to Skate Committee
Experienced and skilled skating professional with 22 years of skating experience and 10 years of coaching for all ages and abilities
USFSA Gold Medalist in Moves in the Field and Ice Dancing
5 time Synchronized Skating Sectional & National Competitor - National Medalist
Selected as a member of Team USA’s Synchronized Skating Team – representing the United States in International Competitions
Head Coach & Choreographer of the Silver Stars Synchronized Skating Teams
- Gold Test in Freestyle, Moves, Pairs.
- Sectional singles competitor, National pairs qualifier
- Regional, Sectional, National, Worlds coach, singles and pairs.
Taking skaters at all levels.
Before starting her career as a professional figure skating coach 4 years ago, Katia Gorodetsky was a competitive figure skater for 11 years. Katia has trained in some of the finest facilities in the nation, including the World Arena Ice Hall in Colorado Springs, CO. Throughout her competitive career, Katia received guidance from several world renowned and Olympic level coaches. Some of her achievements include: becoming a double gold medalist, regional and sectional champion, two-time national competitor, and professional ice show performer for companies like Shipstad Entertainment and American Ice Theater. Katia specializes in teaching jumps, spins, edges, and hockey skills.
Private Skating Lessons
Choosing a Coach
Observe the coaches at work. Watch them teach and take note of the qualities and teaching techniques you like. This is a good way to determine which coach will work best with you/your child.
Speak with each coach directly. Learn thier views on teaching, training, and competing. Discuss possible goals with them and ask how they would help you accomplish them.
You may want to set up a lesson for your child with more than one coach to determine who is more compatible with your child.
Things to Remember
Skaters of all ages and abilities can begin private lessons at any time.
The County Ice Center does not schedule private lessons. This is done directly with the coach.
All lessons are paid directly to the coach.
Ice time is paid for separatly from private lesson fees and is paid to the County Ice Center.
Private lessons require a 24 hours advance notice of cancellation, otherwise you will be charged for a lesson not attended.
Ask coaches about individual policies and prices.
Benefits of Private Lessons
One-on-one instruction allows for a more rapid progression of skills.
Private Lessons offer individualized instruction tailored to meet each skater's personality and learning needs.
A coach will prepare a skater for competitions and special events such as ice shows and exhibitions.
Provides a safer environment to learn more advanced jumps and spins.
Private lessons are a great supplement to group lessons and allows skaters to focus on skills that need more improvement in order to earn their LTS badges.
Several of our coaches also offer private instruction for hockey players, focusing on improving their power, edge control, and stopping, which will help players be more effective in games.
Meet the 2018-2019 MSBFSC Board and Governing Committee Members